This post is rather late, but I finally managed to find a slot in my busy end/beginning-of-year schedule to fit it in! 😀 I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by Ariana from The Quirky Book Nerd, whose blog you should all check out! 🙂 Thank you, Ariana!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
11some bloggers and set questions for them.
Random Facts About Me:
1) I’m much better at talking about books than I am at talking about myself (fair warning!).
2) I volunteer at a second-hand bookshop, which I love, but is really, really bad for my self-control. 😛
3) My favourite animal is a fox…
4) And, accordingly, my favourite colour is orange. The brighter the better. 😀
5) My favourite genre to read is fantasy…
6) And my favourite fantasy author (or author of any kind of book, really) is Tamora Pierce, who wrote the wonderful Tortall and Emelan books.
7) I love video games, but play single-player RPGs almost exclusively.
8) My current video game obsessions are the Dragon Age series and, more recently, the Mass Effect series (both of which are made by BioWare).
9) In fact, I’ve got so into Dragon Age that I get super-angry about the political situation between the mages and the Templars in that world, and go off on angry rants about it whenever I’m given the opportunity.
10) And it’s been making me really want to read civil rights books.
11) One day, I would like to publish my own book. But first I need to write it. (In this matter, I tend to lack staying power.)
1) What are the top three best books you read in 2015?
I just wrote a post about this (kind of)! My top three are Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff; Carry On by Rainbow Rowell; and North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell.
2) Where is your favorite reading spot?
In the armchair in my room, which I call my Reading Chair. In reality, I rarely read there, though, since it’s usually covered in clothes. 😳
3) Do you have a favorite tradition with a family member/friend/significant other?
A new(-ish) tradition that’s really fun is for me and my friend Clare to make gingerbread together every year. This should probably be a Christmas thing (and usually is), but we missed our chance in 2015, so we’ll be making it in a few days instead. This time, it’ll be a “gingerhenge” – a gingerbread replica of Stonehenge!
4) What fictional character would you most like to have as a best friend?
I couldn’t go wrong with Hermione as a friend, but Penelope (from Carry On) is similarly amazing. 🙂
5) What are your favorite television series?
Probably Teen Wolf (unless we’re counting anime, in which case it’s currently Haikyuu!!). I don’t watch all that much TV, though…
6) Do you like to play video games? If so, which one is your favourite?
Dragon Age at the moment. But I also love pretty much anything Pokémon or Legend of Zelda related.
7) Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?
8) What are your favorite book covers?
I love watercolours, and simple line-art, or anything with interesting typography. One of the prettiest covers I’ve seen recently is for Night Owls by Jenn Bennett, which has a story-appropriate golden graffiti style. (I also really, really appreciate it when the cover ties in with the actual story in some clever way.)
9) What films are you most looking forward to watching in 2016?
I’m really (surprisingly) looking forward to The Death Cure, which I presume will be released sometime this year (so far I’ve liked the films much better than the books, I’m sorry to say 😳 ). I’d also like to see The Danish Girl at some point, and, of course, Captain America: Civil War. I don’t really follow films much, though, so I’m not sure what else will be coming out…
10) Who are your top three auto-buy authors?
Tamora Pierce and Rick Riordan are my only real auto-buy authors, but I also own (or intend to own) most of the books by Patrick Ness.
11) Who is your favorite superhero and who is your favorite super villain?
I’m very much a DC fangirl, and a Bat-family fan in particular. My favourite full-on hero is probably Stephanie Brown (a.k.a. Spoiler, a.k.a. Robin IV, a.k.a. Batgirl III), but my absolute favourite DC character is the much maligned, sometimes-hero-sometimes-villain-but-usually-anti-hero Jason Todd (a.k.a. Robin II, a.k.a. Red Hood).
Questions for My Nominees:
1) What’s your favourite food?
2) What was the first book you read this year?
3) If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be, and what would you call it?
4) In A Song of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones, which noble house (e.g. Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, etc.) do you identify with the most?
5) What’s your favourite book by your favourite author?
6) Do you read manga/watch anime? If so, what was the series that first got you interested in the genre?
7) Are you a marmite fan?
8) Tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
9) Do you like to cook? If so, what was the last thing you made?
10) If you’re on Pottermore, which House were you sorted into? And did you get the House you expected?
11) What’s the eleventh sentence on the eleventh page of the eleventh chapter of the book you’re currently reading?