I’m pleased to say that I didn’t buy any books in December (except one, which I only kind-of-bought; explanation to come). But, of course, it wouldn’t be a book haul without books, and since December means Christmas – and, like many book-lovers, I tend to get books for Christmas – I still have a few things to show you. 😉
1) First & Then by Emma Mills. A new contemporary romance novel by the youtuber elmify, which was pitched as Pride & Prejudice meets Friday Night Lights… Not that I know anything about the latter except that it’s about American football, but still. I’ve been really excited for this book, and have actually already read and loved it. 🙂 This was a gift from my cousin, Zou, who has excellent taste (clearly).
2) How to Be Both by Ali Smith. This one I know comparatively little about – only that it’s won / been nominated for several awards, and is apparently incredibly good. I received this in my Christmas stocking.
3) The Official “A Game of Thrones” Colouring Book by George R.R. Martin. This beautiful book was a present from my sister, and if you’ve been keeping an eye on my twitter, then you might’ve spotted my first couple of completed pages. 😀 One of the first things I did when I got back from Denmark (where my family spent Christmas this year) was go out and buy myself some good quality coloured pencils! (Presumably not actually by George R.R. Martin, but that’s what it says on the cover.)
4) Simply Nigella: Feel Good Food by Nigella Lawson. A cookbook, which was given to me by my parents, since I got a lot more into cooking
this last year.
5) Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. The first book in a YA high fantasy series that’s often compared to A Song of Ice & Fire, which I’ve been wanting to read for a while now. This is the one book that I “kind-of-bought”, since I bought it using a voucher that I got in my stocking, and therefore I think it should technically count as a present from Father Christmas. 😛 I’m currently reading this book, and although it’s been slow-going so far (I’ve been really distracted by video games), I’m really enjoying it. 🙂