I was nominated for this award by Bianca from The Ultimate Fangirl – go & check out her blog, it’s awesome! Thank you, Bianca! 🙂
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions the nomination has provided.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
1) What is your favorite underrated book? If you have a lot, feel free to list them down.
A Traveller in Time by Alison Uttley; The Seer & the Sword by Victoria Handley; the Daughter of Storms trilogy by Louise Cooper… And probably about a hundred others. One new favourite of mine is Night Owls by Jenn Bennet, which I don’t think many people have read yet. 🙂
2) Are you a fast reader or a mellow reader?
It depends on my mood. When I’m really into a book, I can read really quickly, but I get distracted quite easily, so I often have to go back and re-read things.
3) Any favorite Booktuber/blogger?
4) How did you pick up your blog name?
Hmm… I’ve been using the name Nightjar for a long time – I just picked it out of a bird book when I was about twelve… And the “jar of books” thing is just there because it sounds cool. When I was writing fanfiction, I had a blog called “Nightjar’s Jar of Fic”, and on websites like Neopets and NeuroGalaxy (does anyone remember those? ❓ ) I would always call my shop “Nightjar’s Jar of Stuff”, or something to that effect…
5) Did you ever fall asleep with a book on your face?
I did one time (that I can remember). I was reading Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets before bed at my friend’s house, and I remember just putting the book down on my face so I could rest my eyes for a moment… The next thing I knew, it was morning, and my book was lying on the floor.
6) What genre makes you cringe?
Romance, sometimes, when I feel it’s overdone – but I still read it a lot. 😛
7) Can you give us an advice if ever we have a reading slump?
As someone who has just come out of a horrible reading slump, I can say with confidence that readathons (or other communal reading events) can help – though, of course, different things will work for different people. Why not try picking up a new book that you’ve been really excited about? Or else you could try an old favourite – something that you don’t need to take a chance on.
Once again, I’ll admit that I dislike tagging people by rote, so I’m only going to be nominating a few people, instead of 7. That said, I nominate…
- Cátia from The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Andreea from wander-ful worlds
- Franciska from life is sweet in books
- Panda from Panda’s Books
Questions for My Nominees:
1) What’s your biggest bookish pet peeve?
2) If you could meet your favourite author, but only say one thing to them / ask them one question, what would it be?
3) Where’s your favourite place to read?
4) What’s your favourite kind of dinosaur?
5) What book editions do you / would you like to collect?
6) Is the appearance of books something that matters a lot to you?
7) Have you ever liked a film adaptation better than the book it was adapted from?