The Crush Your TBR readathon will be taking place this weekend, from Friday 15th – Sunday 17th May, and I’m planning on taking part, so I thought I’d let you know about it! 🙂 It’s hosted by padfootandprongs07 and jacquelynreads, and it seems to be a mostly twitter-based readathon (though, since I don’t have a twitter account, I won’t be joining in with that part of it). You can find the announcement/information video here.
Since it’s a pretty low-key event, there aren’t any official challenges (except, obviously, to read lots of books from your TBR), but I thought it would be fun to have a general theme to my TBR this time. So, my own personal rules are these: 1) I can only include books that I own physical copies of, and 2) I should focus on DNF books (books that I put down halfway through reading, for whatever reason – DNF, for those who don’t already know, stands for Did Not Finish).
Last of all, here’s my tentative TBR:
1) The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton. The 15th book in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, which I’m just over halfway through. This one I’ve picked up and put down a few times already, but I’m not quite ready to give up on it yet. I’m thinking of dropping this series after The Harlequin, though… it’s just gone on for way too long.
2) Batgirl / Robin: Year One by Chuck Dixon and Scott Beatty. I’m only a couple of chapters into this one at the moment, but since it’s a graphic novel, it should be a quick read. 🙂
3) The Ring of Solomon by Jonathan Stroud. The prequel to the Bartimaeus trilogy, which I put down because I didn’t feel that it was living up to the original series… I’m a quarter of the way through it at the moment.
4) Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I read about 100 pages of this last year (or maybe even earlier), then got distracted by something shinier, but I’m really looking forward to getting back to it.
5) And lastly, I’m planning on breaking up my reading with some short stories from Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce, which I’m about a quarter of the way through.
Obviously I’m not going to be able to finish all of these in just three days, but I’m hoping that I’ll at least be able to shift a few of them off my excessively large “currently reading” shelf on Goodreads… 😳