I did most of my hunting and gathering on Friday afternoon, after I’d finished work, and it’s led to a slightly eclectic collection of foodstuffs: there’s your usual caffeinated beverages (tea), and sugary treats (peanut & nutella fudge, which I have already started snacking on, since I have no willpower), but I’ve also got sugar snaps, houmous, and some Greek yoghurt. I also bought some actual meal-type things, but they’re really not all that interesting to look at.
The last thing I got (at the very last minute), was that book at the bottom of my TBR pile: All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher, which came out on Thursday & which I’ve been really excited about. I actually already started reading it (only the first chapter, though!), and so far so good – I really flew through it!
The two types of tea I’ve chosen are Spice Imperial, which is a nice citrusy black tea, and Blue Lady, which I think is probably white-tea based, but I don’t know the exact ingredients… it smells very pleasantly of grapefruit, though thankfully it doesn’t taste like it. 😛 I don’t do too well on too much caffeine, though, so that white pot at the back is white hot chocolate, & I’m hoping that the sugar rush will be able to keep me awake in the final stretch…
And, finally, here’s what I’ve decided to read this time:
1) Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean. A sequel to J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan, which (I’ll be honest), is mostly on here because I’ve been putting it off for a while… though I’ve heard really good things about Geraldine McCaughrean’s writing in general…
2) Talon by Julie Kagawa. All I know about this book is that there are dragons. And apparently they can disguise themselves as humans. 😀 I’ve been rather lacking in good dragon books recently, so hopefully this’ll be fun.
3) A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan. A sci-fi novel that sounds rather Sleeping Beauty-ish. I’ve been pretty excited about this book for a while now (even though I don’t really know what it’s about), so I’m looking forward to reading it.
4) No Life But This by Anna Sheehan. The sequel to A Long, Long Sleep, which I will only be reading if a) I don’t run out of time, and b) I like A Long, Long Sleep. I’m not expecting to get round to reading this, but at least I’ll have it at the ready, just in case. 😉
5) All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher, which is an autobiography/self-help book, which is a bit of an odd combination… I’m planning on using this to break up my reading slightly, so I’ll be reading a chapter or so of it between each book. 😀