Happy New Year! Have any of you started your Goodreads Reading Challenge yet? This year I’m setting my goal to 60 books, which I think will be a manageable number, even if I do (hopefully!) manage to find myself a job; and if I find that I complete it particularly quickly, then there’s a good chance that I’ll increase it. There are a few more specific reading challenges that I’d like to set myself within (and one without) that 60-book pool, so I thought I’d tell you about that today. 🙂
1) Finish or catch up on 5 series that I’ve already started.
2) Read 3 classics/modern classics.
3) Read 5 graphic novels.
4) Read 10 adult novels.
5) Re-read 5 books (this is the “without” that I mentioned, since re-reads don’t count towards the Goodreads challenge).
6) Read 5 books that have been given (or recommended) to me by other people.
7) Re-start or finish 5 DNF (Did Not Finish) books.
8) Read 5 books by international authors.
9) Read 3 non-fiction books.
10) Read 10 short stories (that aren’t spin-off novellas).
If any of you would like to join in with my challenges, then feel free! And be sure to let me know how you get on! I’ll (hopefully) be posting something at the end of the year to let you all know how I’ve done and what I’ve read… I think I’ve kept this pretty realistic. 🙂
Bye for now! ~Fran. 😀